Limeade is an employee experience software company that helps build great places to work. Our platform unifies employee well-being, engagement and inclusion solutions with industry-leading communications capabilities. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive and inclusive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Limeade is a global company that embraces a distributed workforce and has users in more than 100 countries. Our headquarters are in Bellevue, WA.
Limeade (LME) went public in December 2019 on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in order to fund growth and preserve control of its culture and destiny.
About the role:
As the Manager of Sales Development at Limeade, you will be responsible for leading a team of stellar SDRs on Marketing to generate direct meetings and opportunities within the Enterprise North America market. You’ll evolve our Account-Based Marketing strategy and enable inbound follow-up and outbound outreach execution — and align/coach your team accordingly. This means you need to be an inspiring leader, a creative self-starter and someone who isn’t ok with status quo.
You’ll partner directly with the Director of Performance Marketing and Sales Leadership to assess and analyze key pipeline funnel metrics.
Every day, you’ll evangelize, educate, influence and lay a foundation for your own professional growth at Limeade.
The ideal candidate is:
- Not a jerk!
- Recruit, train and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) responsible for inbound and outbound sales engagements in order to generate quality sales pipeline for the enterprise North America Sales team
- Leverage Marketing campaigns and initiatives to create Account-Based Marketing (ABM) programs — and provide closed-loop feedback from the field
- Partner closely with Marketing Operations on MarTech playbook and enablement, as well as lead workflow efficiency
- Rigorously audit Salesforce.com CRM and monitor other prospecting tools for adoption/engagement (Highspot, DemandBase and PFL)
- Create SalesLoft cadences (emails, call/voicemail, LinkedIn, Direct Mail, video)
- Enable the Sales team by being the main liaison between Marketing and Sales — and help improve the qualification & hand-off process
- Assess sales pipeline and analyze sales development data to make suggestions for marketing opportunities and process refinement/improvement
- Deliver process-based and ad hoc reports to report out on department performance
- Foster a fun, high-energy environment where people love coming to work
- Support employee well-being and coach career development
- Artfully educate people about the Limeade value proposition — and maintain deep knowledge of Limeade solutions, industry trends, and competition
- Contribute awesomeness to an incredible marketing, sales and company squad
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an ongoing and consistent way
- 3+ years sales development experience in enterprise HR, health or software related industry — with 1-2 years of management experience
- Proven track record for attaining team targets (activity, meetings, opportunities)
- Proven ability of building a positive team culture and making interpersonal connections
- Proven sales-related accomplishments, within the SaaS space is preferred
- Adaptable to high-growth environment and comfortable with change (start-up experience is a plus)
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.