Limeade is an employee experience software company that helps build great places to work. Our platform unifies employee well-being, engagement and inclusion solutions with industry-leading communications capabilities. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive and inclusive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Limeade is a global company that embraces a distributed workforce and has users in more than 100 countries. Our headquarters are in Bellevue, WA.
About the role:
Limeade is looking for a seasoned manager to join the R&D organization and lead our Front-end Web development team. The team owns the web technology across the Limeade products, striving to deliver excellent technology solutions that support delightful features and user experiences. You’ll care for people through their career development, nurture team culture, define and guide the team’s technology plans, and closely collaborate with the rest of R&D and our Product and Design teams.
- Lead the development team in building great experiences, delivering timely results with high quality and completeness. Blend coaching, planning, and technology skills to achieve as a team.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor our team with an emphasis on growth, talent and diversity.
- Contribute your voice to a strong and empathetic engineering culture.
- Advocate for and drive technology improvements. Collaborate with your team, peers and leaders to implement a technology roadmap that supports, considers and informs feature development.
- Seek and improve key metrics that define success in development processes and code quality. Work with your team to steadily measure, understand and improve.
- Connect your team to the broader R&D and business goals; bring meaning to the work for the team and partner with our Product and UX Design teams to align the work with business and user value.
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- You have 4+ years’ experience as a successful manager of software development teams
- Able to drive results in a high-performing and fast-moving environment
- Comfortable in various forms of software development processes, especially Agile, cross-functional/matrix environments
- Communicate effectively and with empathy
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally and throughout a company, partnering with teammates of disparate technical expertise
- Strong understanding of modern, performant and stable development, especially but not limited to web technologies. Our team works closely with teams responsible for services, analytics, quality and design. We strive to align with our Mobile developers in practice and potentially technology.
- Experience with React-based architectures and Azure or AWS ecosystems.
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.