From scrappy startup to high-growth market leader, corporate wellness technology company looks toward another decade in the limelight
BELLEVUE, WA–(Marketwired – December 13, 2016) – Limeade today marks its 10th anniversary of measurably improving well-being in the world through healthy, happy, high-performing workforces. Since launching in 2006 in a local library, the technology company is now a leader in the $14.5 billion wellness market, helping deliver real employee engagement and business impact to more than 200 customers.
Limeade is the only company that takes a whole-person approach to well-being, amplifies organizational support and develops smart technology that fits how people work today. With more than a million users, a dozen partners and a net promoter score 68 points higher than the HR technology average, Limeade is poised to continue its rapid growth into 2017 and beyond.
“In the early years of Limeade, investors laughed at terms like ‘mindfulness,’ resilience’ and ‘sense of purpose’ at work. But our whole-person approach never wavered, and our mission to improve well-being still stands,” said Henry Albrecht, Limeade CEO. “Since then, we’ve validated our belief that employees with higher well-being stay longer and are more engaged, which leads to better business results. It’s humbling to see our customers grow and prosper with our well-being programs.”
Limeade takes a science-based approach to well-being improvement, starting with its Well-Being Assessment – the first of its kind, designed by Albrecht and Dr. Laura Hamill, Limeade chief people officer and managing director of the Limeade Institute. The Limeade Institute is a team of Ph.D. data scientists that conducts research on well-being, engagement and culture and their business impact.
“We now have a decade’s worth of rich data that reveals powerful insights about well-being and its business impact,” Hamill said. “We use this data to help our customers find the most effective ways to support employee well-being.”
Since 2006, Limeade has evolved from a startup to one of the Deloitte 500 fastest growing companies and one of Fortune’s Great Places to Work. To mark its 10th anniversary, Limeade launched a bold new visual identity and website. The new look represents a milestone in the technology company’s rapid growth.
Here are some other key milestones (view complete timeline here)
- November 2006 — Launched the first well-being platform
- January 2007 — Moved into first real office (no more basements, cafes and public libraries!)
- May 2007 — Filed for a patent on the first comprehensive Well-Being Assessment
- May 2009 — Launched industry-first “Donut-back guarantee“
- January 2010 — $3M Angel funding
- July 2011 — First standing desk at Limeade Headquarters
- November 2011 — Launched the first open app and device wellness platform
- October 2012 — $5.5M Series B funding
- October 2014 – $25M Series C funding
- November 2014 — Limeade celebrates 100th product release, 100th employee, 100th customer and 100% year-over-year revenue growth – all in one month
- June 2015 — First acquisition, 9slides
- June 2016 — Launched 1st add-on interactive video product, Limeade Interactive
- September 2016 — Limeade announced its research-based Limeade Institute
“We’ve never felt more confident about our position as a leader in the corporate wellness market – with the ability to move into adjacent markets through top talent, new partnerships and acquisitions,” Albrecht said. “Our founding company value is ‘Anything is Possible,’ and I’m certain that our passionate, dedicated and innovative team of LimeMates will continue to live it every day.”
Limeade is a corporate wellness technology company that drives real employee engagement. Limeade takes a whole-person approach to well-being, amplifies an organization’s commitment to its employees and delivers smart technology that fits how people work today. Employees earn points and rewards for taking steps to improve, while employers experience better business results. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps the world’s best companies develop happier, healthier and more productive employees. Learn more at www.limeade.com.