Limeade is an engagement company that inspires employee commitment and elevates company culture. Our mission is to improve well-being in the world. And we are looking for a passionate, customer-focused Accountant to help us reach our growth goals.
At Limeade, we take a whole person, whole company and whole ecosystem approach to measurably improve employee well-being and performance. But we go much further than that, helping our customers build cultures that support well-being that move the needle on their business goals. Our engagement platform is immersive and holistic – as it must be to help solve the bigger well-being and engagement problems facing today’s businesses. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade serves over 100 employers and top global brands.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, high performing accountant to join a growing Finance team. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of accounting functionality and will apply our values, best practices, innovations and capabilities to exceed our business goals.
This position reports to the Manager, Accounting. Major areas of responsibilities include: ownership of the Accounts Receivable process, ownership of the monthly billing process, amortizing prepaid expenses, assisting in monthly closes, internal control review assistance and corporate analysis. The role will have regular interactions across Limeade’s organization.
- Own the accounts receivable process ensuring new customer onboarding, preparing sales invoices, managing collections and processing of customer payment obligations
- Own the partner/referral billing and reconciliations
- Assist in month end close processes, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis
- Support audit requirements on an annual basis
- Prioritize and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies
- Identify areas for improvement and jump on the opportunity to facilitate the necessary change
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an ongoing and consistent way
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 3+ years progressive accounting experience in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment; CPA a plus
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting requirements, including preparation of financial statements. Specifically, understanding of SaaS revenue recognition and other general accounting issues for fast growing technology start-ups.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting customer sales contracts
- Experience with NetSuite, ADP, and Salesforce a plus
- Strong experience working with data and Excel
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with various areas of the Limeade org
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to function effectively both independently as well as with a team
- Experience participating in a monthly accounting system close process
- Demonstrated performance of accounting research, conducting investigations, and/or studies sufficient to recommend change in accounting policies, practices, and procedures
- Well-developed oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work onsite in a demanding and fast-paced environment
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.