Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. Limeade ONE brings together employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in a mobile-first experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, high performing Controller to join a growing Finance team. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of accounting functionality and will apply our values, best practices, innovations and capabilities to exceed our business goals.
This position reports to the CFO. The Controller will be responsible for oversight of all accounting and accounting operational activities. The role will lead day-to-day accounting operations and supervise a team of staff members. The Controller will ensure that Limeade has the systems and procedures in place to support timely financial close along with growth initiatives and have regular interactions across Limeade’s organization.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements including revenue recognition, liabilities, taxes, and equity transactions
- Maintain and develop internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and actual expenditures
- Coordinate and manage all audit activity
- Manage the accounting close processes and consolidations to meet internal and external deadlines
- Prepare GAAP financials and other ad-hoc reports supporting Finance Manager
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working with the VP of Finance
- Review and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local taxes, property taxes, and other external reporting as deemed necessary
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff and all levels throughout the organization;
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an ongoing and consistent way
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 8+ years progressive accounting experience in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment; CPA
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting requirements, including preparation of consolidated financial statements. Technical expertise of ASC 606 revenue recognition, ASC 718, ASC 805 and other accounting issues for fast growing technology start-ups.
- Experience with NetSuite, ADP, and Salesforce a plus
- Strong experience working with data and Excel
- Comfortable working cross-functionally with various areas of the Limeade org
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to function effectively both independently as well as with a team
- Demonstrated performance of accounting research, conducting investigations, and/or studies sufficient to recommend change in accounting policies, practices, and procedures
- Well-developed oral and written communication ability
- Commitment to mentoring, training and retaining team
Please note, we are not interested in using external recruiting agency support for this role at this time.
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.