Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. The Limeade ONE platform offers employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in one seamless user experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com.
About the role:
Limeade’s Business Insights team is looking for a Data Engineer to join our awesome team of data engineering professionals. The ideal candidate will have a passion for collaborating with others while developing state of the art data engineering tools and systems.
Specifically, you need to be comfortable leveraging database tech like SQL, Spark, Redshift and Tableau to ingest, warehouse, and analyze data from various systems. Familiarity with AWS for data storage, job scheduling, monitoring, ETL, and scalable processing is critical. The ideal candidate will be comfortable leveraging all these technologies to enhance & support a cohesive data ecosystem at Limeade.
We are looking for you if…
- You are a self-starter and self-directed with a passion for solving problems through the use of data and data tools
- You like owning projects and coaching others in state of the art data engineering best practices
- You have strong experience in building big data systems
- Are a clear communicator
- Database development, build ETL, data models and reports.
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions and guide the requirements by providing insights of enterprise data warehousing
- Able to work independently and as a team-player meeting deadlines and expectations
- Troubleshoot new and existing database queries on both SQL and Redshift.
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- 3-5 years of experience developing and architecting database solutions
- 1-2 years of data modeling experience like Kimball methodology
- 1-2 years of ETL experience with tools like python
- 1-2 years of data visualization experience with tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Familiarity with data science technologies like HADOOP, spark and Hive.
- Have a passion for data and helping others learn more about database systems
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- Experience working in Agile development environment with source control and multiple environments
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.