Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. The Limeade ONE platform offers employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in one seamless user experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com.
About the role:
Limeade is looking for an experienced Database Administrator or Sr. Database Administrator to join Limeade’s production operations team. This position will be supporting our production database environments while working alongside our development teams. The Database Administrator will support Azure and AWS data stores of all kinds and should already have public cloud experience. Expertise in performance tuning and root cause analysis for production outages should be a strong skill set.
- On-call rotation of database environments for global SaaS engagement product used 24x7x365.
- Administer all aspects of database servers, including upgrading or migrating, planning for appropriate capacity, and monitoring
- Ability to find and make recommendations for improving performance in code, database and server configuration, and indexing
- Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and performance tune SQL processes
- Expertise in database server internals and best practices for database architecture and physical data modeling
- Maintain service level agreements for performance and reliability requirements for new and existing applications
- Assist the team in deciding which database platform(s) or new features to utilize
- Ability to code and review complex SQL code
- Experience supporting Kimball data warehouse techniques.
- Support experience in big data environment or desire to learn that includes cloud infrastructure running on Linux
- Experience working in Agile development environment with source control and multiple environments
- Develop and maintain a high proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team-player, meeting deadlines and expectations
- Review existing processes and recommend changes or institute new processes
- Generate high-quality project documentation, such as data models, implementation plans, design documents, support documents, etc.
- Provide technical escalation and be on call via pager during designated periods
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and new methods and technologies, and constantly update our own practices to take advantage of these new methods and technologies
- Have a passion for data and desire to mentor others learn more about database systems
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- 1-3 years of experience supporting BI tools like Tableau Server or PowerBI
- 3-5 years of experience implementing, maintaining and architecting database solutions
- Experience automating repetitive tasks with SQL, PowerShell, C#, and/or Python, Bash, etc. Must be proficient at the command line
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining SQL databases in a SaaS or e-Commerce environment
- Expertise in MS SQL Server with some exposure to 2012+ versions, including typical DBA operations and query optimization via code refactoring, indexing, and partitioning
- Server configuration and tuning, backup and recovery, index maintenance, performance tuning, and indexes
- Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and practices in a HIPAA or other equally stringent environment
- OLTP and OLAP support and design experience
- Experience with cloud-based big-data warehouse services such as Redshift and Azure data lake a plus
- Experience with distributed columnar databases a plus
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.