Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. The Limeade ONE platform offers employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in one seamless user experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com.
About the role:
The Solution Architect possesses in-depth knowledge of the Limeade solution and how it can be configured to meet our prospect, existing customer, and partner needs. They are a key member of the Limeade sales team participating in sales cycles in support of the sales strategy. The Solution Architect interacts with customers through discovery conversations, product demonstrations, executive presentations, and follow-up discussions. They are responsible for actively driving the product evaluation stage of the sales process, performing as the key technical adviser. The Solution Architect must be able to articulate technology and product positioning through the sales process guiding new/existing customers and partners throughout all demonstrations and meetings.
This position must be located in the Midwest or on the West Coast and reports to the Manager, Solution Architecture.
- Configure and deliver demonstrations articulating Limeade’s value proposition and key differentiating capabilities to prospects, existing customers, and partners.
- Respond to concerns during meetings by articulating clear and concise information on the benefits of the Limeade solution, leveraging knowledge of competitive offerings, customer success stories, and value/benefit points.
- Responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process performing as the key technical advisor and product advocate.
- Set appropriate expectations during the sales cycle to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure ongoing expertise regarding all relevant product and service information and updates, as well as industry trends, innovations and best practices.
- Assist with Limeade sales and marketing events.
- Special projects, as necessary.
- Eager and willing to travel extensively (up to 60%), including internationally, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way.
- Three+ years of experience in a Pre-sales or Solution Consultant role in enterprise SaaS software, including a track record of displacing complex or legacy solutions.
- Demonstrates superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence both in person and virtual.
- Can create vision towards our solution during the entire sales cycle from discovery to finalist meeting. Knows when and how to ask questions and solve for pain the customer isn’t even thinking about.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively in a consultative role with customers during
sales cycle. Knows how to read and control the room.
- Open-minded and able to incorporate constructive feedback.
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility working in a dynamic environment with a rapidly evolving solution.
- Well-organized, attentive to details, and is plugged in.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.