The latest Women in the Workplace study found that almost two-thirds of women experience “microaggressions” (verbal, non-verbal and environmental slights targeted upon marginalized groups) at work.
“Anytime you have microaggressions, you have an erosion of trust. And anytime you have an erosion of trust, you have an erosion of profitability.”
– Laurie Ruettimann, Author, Speaker, Podcaster and Entrepreneur
Now more than ever it’s important for organizations to build inclusive cultures where every employee can bring their authentic selves to work. But inclusion isn’t just a top-down initiative. Inclusive cultures are made up of a thousand little moments that an employee experiences when interacting with their leadership teams, managers, peers and work environment.
Learn more in our on-demand webinar where Laura Hamill, Chief People Officer and Chief Science Officer at Limeade, and HR writer, speaker, entrepreneur and podcaster, Laurie Ruettimann, discuss the challenges that women face in the workplace today and what organizations can do to cultivate and build a more inclusive workplace.
THIS WEBINAR COVERS:
- The challenges women in the workplace face in 2019
- What is inclusion and why there’s inherent tension
- The importance of building inclusive workplaces for women and bringing your authentic selves to the table
- What organizations can do to cultivate and build a more inclusive workplace
OUR FAVORITE TAKEAWAYS:
- Women continue to be underrepresented and experience everyday challenges in the workplace
- Employees that feel included are 28 percent more engaged and eight times more likely to have better business outcomes
- Inclusion is the key to building better workplaces for women, where they can bring their authentic selves to work every day
- Inclusive cultures are built on a thousand little moments that employees experience every day
Learn more strategies for fostering inclusion in your workplace in our guide.