Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. Limeade ONE brings together employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in a mobile-first experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Corporate Counsel to work across all Limeade departments on a variety of interesting and complex issues. This role will:
- Provide guidance and problem solving on a full range of legal issues, including HIPAA and GDPR regulatory compliance, sales and partner contracts, vendor management, insurance, risk management, intellectual property, employment, governance, financings, and other general corporate matters.
- Assist the VP, Legal and other team members in managing all legal and compliance matters, including working closely with outside counsel.
- Work primarily with the sales and partner teams, negotiating strategic enterprise and technology licensing agreements and assisting with Limeade’s global expansion. Typical transactions will range from standard contracts to complex high-dollar value strategic agreements.
- Work closely with the Limeade product teams in resolving legal and IP issues involving feature development, geo-expansion, and product evolution.
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an ongoing and consistent way
- 5+ years of legal experience post law school at a law firm or in-house technology company.
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials and current WA bar membership in good standing.
- Varied transactional experience with superior drafting and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge and experience with HIPAA and GDPR or a strong understanding of privacy regulations a definite plus.
- Familiarity with IT/technology transactions or enterprise sales transactions preferred.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and written communications skills.
- Able to prioritize appropriately and manage multiple tasks.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Must have the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve business results.
- Customer service oriented, with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Experience working in a demanding, high paced, high volume transaction environment.
- Must enjoy being continually challenged under tight deadlines while demonstrating sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Sense of humor.
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.