Limeade is an employee experience software company that helps build great places to work. Our platform unifies employee well-being, engagement and inclusion solutions with industry-leading communications capabilities. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares. To learn more, visit www.limeade.com.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive and inclusive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Limeade is a global company that embraces a distributed workforce and has users in more than 100 countries. Our headquarters are in Bellevue, WA.
About the role:
Limeade is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to help optimize and protect our Limeade ONE software for both internal and external users. This role combines systems engineering and software engineering to build and support our distributed architecture. The SRE will have a breadth of knowledge in high performance web applications, microservices, and REST architecture to help ensure security, availability, reliability, scalability, and high performance. You will work with other engineers who are also database, cloud, and networking experts to support all the Limeade products. Your skills and experience will help shape the work we do as an operational team supporting a product that is HIPAA and GDPR compliant. This role will report to the Senior Manager responsible for our production operations.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Limeade’s Azure footprint and help set its future direction, including the role Site Reliability Engineers should play in that
- Monitor and improve systems, as well as solve reliability problems in infrastructure and operations when they occur
- Establish best practices around infrastructure, monitoring, logging, etc. and work with the engineering team to implement those
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- Self-starter mindset with the ability to lead projects, document and improve processes, and influence others
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer role, with a background or strong knowledge in coding and automation
- 3 or more years of experience with Microsoft web development stack, supporting high-transaction, distributed web platforms
- 3 or more years using and supporting website monitoring tools like Application Insights, New Relic, or Azure Monitor
- At least 1 year of experience using and supporting log aggregation tools like Splunk and/or Log Analytics
- At least 1 year of production support experience in a cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Bluemix, etc.); Microsoft Azure environment is preferred
- Working or advanced knowledge with Azure ARM templates, Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI, Azure Monitor
- Experience with DevOps environments and practices, infrastructure as code
- Understanding of distributed applications and their implementations (Docker, Kubernetes, Service Fabric and similar)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – able to read code and debug live servers to find underlying issues quickly
- Knowledge of the full networking stack to troubleshoot connectivity issues and to ensure security
- Strong understanding of web site metrics, methods to monitor, 3rd party tools, and custom instrumentation
- Expertise with one or more common scripting languages; PowerShell or Python preferred
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.