Henry Albrecht, CEO of Limeade, suggests employers committed to helping their employees embrace wellness “strike while the iron is hot.” “Now – while your employees are revved on their new year’s resolutions for self-improvement – is the time to engage them in adopting healthy habits. This means more than giving them incentives to complete health risk assessments and biometric screenings. It also means giving them a variety of fun, social challenges to create or join. Make them easy to access and track, and you’ll be delighted with the results,” stated Henry. To help employers get started, Henry shares the most popular and successful challenges of Limeade’s market-leading high-performance clients. “After all,” says Henry, “who better to imitate when it comes to creating highly productive employees than those who lead the pack?” He also suggests employers shift their focus from wellness to well-being. “Well-being has proven a much better predictor of productivity and job performance. A look at the top challenges of our high-performance clients suggests they embrace a concept that goes beyond exercise and nutrition to improving emotional health, reaching one’s potential, and serving others,” Henry concluded. The top challenges of 2011 were:
- Motorless Motion
- Spend 30 minutes a day working up a sweat.
- Veg Out
- Simply track at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Catch Your Zs
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
- Lend a Helping Hand
- Volunteer your time with a charitable organization that could use a helping hand.
- Live Tobacco Free
- Get started on a cessation program to quit tobacco.
- Visit your Dentist
- Get your bi-annual dental cleaning.
- Clear the Clutter
- Each week, clear a piece of clutter from your workspace
- Make it a Walking Meeting
- Switch one meeting a week to a walking meeting. Enjoy the fresh air while burning a few calories.
- Hug a Customer
- Do something above and beyond for our company’s customers, and share what you did with your colleagues.
About Limeade Limeade is an online wellness company focused on building happy, healthy, high-performance workforces. Limeade provides a refreshing alternative to traditional, antagonistic wellness approaches, and connects all wellness programs in an integrated, cohesive user experience. Limeade clients include Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, healthcare providers, and large, high-performance employers. Additional information about Limeade may be found at www.limeade.com.