To help you successfully navigate 2018, we put together a CHRO trends report to cover the five most important trends for every CHRO in the coming year — and tips for leaders who are ready to take action.
Over the next couple months, we’ll dive into each trend in our new CHRO trends blog series.
Trend #1: Intentional workplace cultures
Companies and their CHROs are starting to truly understand the role of culture in the workplace.
What is culture? We define culture as the underlying norms, values and beliefs that drive employee behavior in an organization.
Culture is the single most important factor in an organization’s success or failure.
When a company aligns its culture to business goals, employee behavior is aligned as well. Culture matters because it “tells” employees how to behave. Every company’s culture is being shaped, whether actively and intentionally or passively and unintentionally. It’s the backdrop for everything that happens at a company and the day-to-day experiences. But it’s unseen — it’s not written down.
Saying culture is good or bad isn’t really the point — it’s about how the culture is supportive and aligned with what your company is trying to do.
When you have a business strategy that also includes an intentional and aligned culture, higher employee performance and better engagement will follow. And with that comes improved organizational performance.
In 2018, we’ll see more CHROs as changemakers: shaping their organization’s culture in meaningful ways.
Here’s what you can do in 2018:
1. Understand the current state of your company’s culture
2. Define the culture in a way that directly ties to business goals
3. Identify gaps and create a plan to reduce the gaps over time
4. Bring your company culture to life with the right tools, resources, processes, environment and much more — Limeade can help!
5. Monitor and modify your approach to culture based on the changing needs of your business and the environment